WWW.POLLHOST.COM:

    Will the year 2007
    be a great year?
    Yes
    Maybe
    No
      
-->

Archives:

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hello again...

Since my last post, I have been busy looking for jobs to apply for (not much luck) and at the same time am keeping my eye open for temporary or part time employment to earn money while I look for the perfect job I want. Other than job searching, I have been busy helping my parents with chores around the house. I applied for two temporary jobs - one at Milton as an On-Call EA staff and the other one was for a poultry worker position in Thamesford.

The people hiring for EA position was looking for people who are interested in permanent jobs so I do not think I will get the job unless I tell them I changed my mind and want the permament EA job. I got the job in Thamesford. They needed temporary workers to make sure they met the demand for turkeys for Canada's upcoming Thanksgiving holiday (October 9th).

Tomorrow at noon, I will be beginning my first day of slaughtering the turkeys in the boning department and cutting them into pieces to be packed and delivered to stores. I hope I get to see actual live turkeys being executed, but I have strong feelings they will arrive already dead, but I will be sure to update you once I get started.

I know you are thinking "Gee, aren't you a vegetarian?" or "How ironic, a vegetarian cutting up turkeys!". First of all, I am not one of the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) who worry about how animals are executed (because I support Capital Punishment) and I do not risk my life trying to save animals such as those people who went up north or east to spray baby seals who were going to be executed anyways.

Secondly, my ethics do not focus on how animals are treated or executed therefore it does not affect me.

Lastly, I am a vegetarian because I believe plants have more to offer and better health benefits. Animal corpses only offer a good source of protein, iron, but helluva more cholesterol and fat than you would get from plant based protein sources.

Thus, I just see myself helping a company provide unhealthy food for customers who want to remain unhealthy, so there is no irony with me working as a poultry worker.

Hopefully my next job will be something I like better and relates to my studies at RIT, but I am not going to go back to New York City. (:

No comments: