Today I decided to do an experiment with sushi.
Danny Wegman's Prepared Sushi
California Rollin's Prepared Sushi
- Price Range: USD$5.00 - 8.00 (yields 8 pieces)
- Variety: Varies, Vegetables, Raw Seafood, & Cooked Seafood.
- Location: Plenty of locations, approx. 5 min drive from RIT.
- Quality: Good quality, if made immediately. Quality may not be best after sitting on display for a while, but eatable.
China Buffet's Prepared Sushi
- Price Range: USD$15.00 (Sunday deal for 3 rolls, yields 24 pieces)
- Variety: Wide variety of choices; many unique choices.
- Location: Two, one near the Rochester-Toronto Ferry port, one at end of Goodman Ave. Approximately 15 - 20 min drive to Goodman Ave from RIT.
- Quality: Good quality, but sometimes rice is packed too lightly and fluffy (probably ripping us off by lowering the quanitiy of rice to make more money).
- Price Range: USD$3.55/lb (take out; weekdays), USD$4.55 (take out; all day Sundays)
- Variety: Limited variety, usually contains fish, fish eggs, imination crab. Limited veggie options.
- Location: Four, Brockport, Rochester, Henrietta (serves sushi), and Webster (note: do not know if all serve sushi). Henrietta location at Jefferson Plaza is a 2.5 minute drive from RIT.
- Quality: Varies, but would say quality was pretty good today, some were just as good as Danny Wegman's; other times their rice was packed too lightly and fluffy, sometimes more than California Rollin. Sushi still eatable, just acknowledge that the quality varies.
I went to China Buffet, stuffed up the dog box with ALL the sushi that was left on the sushi bar. There was still some space left so I threw in some french fries and two spring rolls. The grand total was USD$6.82. When I got home with FrecklesFly, I counted twenty-eight sushi pieces! Imagine that?! 28 piecs for less than USD$6.82!
- China Buffet for best prices.
- California Rollin for best variety.
- Danny Wegman's for best quality.
Now that you know you can get sushi for lower prices, and if you need judgement on variety, quality and location you can refer to my analysis. Please understand that your opinions (if you have any) may differ from my actual analysis.
- China Buffet for lack of variety.
- California Rollin for ripping off prices and location from RIT (have to factor in the cost of fuel used to get there and get back to RIT).
- Danny Wegman's could not identify any valid complaints.
Let's stop typing and/or reading and eat some sushi!